Activities and goals
Inbiomed has two main activities:
- Scientific activities are focused on the basic research of stem cell biology, both adult and embryonic/pluripotent (iPSCs), and their application in two programs about major health problems: Hematological and Neurodegenerative Diseases, both with a strong translational orientation.
- Technological development areas to translate our research results to the market. Inbiomed has created Inbiobank laboratories with white rooms under the standard ISO 9001:2008. This area has two high technology units:
- Inbiobank: an adult stem cell bank for research use, node of the Banco Nacional de Lineas Celulares.
- Contract research: oriented to giving top class research in stem cell/cell therapy area to biotech/pharmaceutical industry, academy and research centers.
All scientific and technological activities come together to achieve the strategic goals of Inbiomed:
- Stem cell identification, characterization and culture.
- Genomics, proteomics and gene silencing in stem cells.
- Product development and therapeutics in cell therapy.
- Generation of iPSCs for disease modelling and drug screening.